A recent Safari update may affect your experience on Hideout.tv. For the best possible experience, we highly recommend watching on a different browser.
If you’d prefer to keep using Safari. We recommend you adjust Safari’s Auto-Play settings. Press the Learn More button below and follow our guide if you need help making these adjustments.
Important Notice for FireFox Users
A recent FireFox update may affect your experience on Hideout.tv. To ensure the best possible experience, we recommend that you Allow the autoplay permissions for Hideout.tv, which can be done by clicking the lock icon to the left of the URL. Press the Learn More button below for more information.
Are You Still There?
Recaptcha is required to continue
Please Unmute The Video Player To Continue Watching
Hideout.tv - Mediterranean Faux Fish with Lemon and Vegetables
I have had a similar dish to this growing up and thought that I should try making a plant based version. Personally I love Mediterranean food being that I am Arab and the dishes are somewhat similar to Mediterranean cuisine. I like how this recipe in particular is made with all whole foods. It simply has fat, some seasonings, protein and vegetables, yet tastes oh so divine! It is what I would consider a perfectly balanced meal. Since this recipe is made with one-pan it is also beginner friendly and makes for an easy cleanup!
- One 14 oz. block tofu
- 1/2 lbs. fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 bunch asparagus
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 5 tbsps butter (I used Mioyoko’s Creamery brand)
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 1 other whole lemon sliced into thin slices
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup capers
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Press the water out of the tofu using a kitchen towel or tea towel. This will help the tofu become crispy instead of just soft.
3) Next prepare the vegetables. Slice the potatoes in half, the ends off of the asparagus and then mince the garlic.
4) Mix the butter and oil in a large deep baking dish with the potatoes and bake for 15 minutes.
5) Slice the tofu into 3 pieces and rub the tops of the tofu “fish” pieces with the garlic, salt, black pepper, paprika, cumin and coriander.
Tip: For an extra crispy fish like texture, rub the tofu in flour before baking and make sure the tofu is evenly coated with the oil and butter.
6) Then carefully place them in the pan using a spatula. Spoon the oil and butter mixture onto the “fish.”
7) Add the tomatoes and asparagus into the pan with the lemon slices on top of everything. Add the lemon juice evenly on top of all of the ingredients and bake this for 35 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
8) Add more oil, butter or lemon juice to the pan if needed during the cooking time. 9) Garnish with cilantro and capers before serving. Serve each plate with one piece of “fish,” some potatoes and asparagus. Use a spoon to add leftover fat from the bottom of the baking pan onto the plate.
You can find the items needed to make this recipe at my Amazon store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/countcolorsnotcalories
Follow my other social media accounts for more content!:
Please contact me on Instagram for business inquires: https://www.instagram.com/countcolorsnotcalories/